With technology consuming most of our attention and time, we rarely get to separate ourselves from it. Most of us might have a hard time imagining life without these inventions and innovations. I’ve taught high school Math for two years, and found it hard to make students just study on their own. Here are some of the reasons:
- They don’t know how to study.
- They don’t know how to get started with solving Mathematics.
- They don’t know whether their solutions and/or answers were right or wrong.
- Their parents don’t know how to solve the problems, let alone teach them how.
- Their parents aren’t around to get them going (with studying that is).
- They’re too preoccupied with other stuff.
- They simply are “lazy” to do it.
I will try to tackle each one of these reasons to try and help you out, whether you’re a student, a teacher, or a parent.
Now, I’m not giving you a 100% guarantee that whatever I say is right. Please do correct me if I’m wrong. I’d appreciate it. I’m simply sharing what I know or have experienced in class, as a student and as a teacher (still single so haven’t experienced being a parent yet).
Probably, you should read this first, “Why do we cheat?” , before you start reading the reasons.